Ghana Waves App
A following NDC government will take in half of fees to be paid by all tertiary students in the country.
This was made known by the running mate of the NDC, Prof Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang at the manifesto launch of the party.
“we will absorb 50 percent of fees for tertiary students,” she said and added that free laptops will also be given out to students; all of this is to reduce the burden imposed on parents following the coronavirus pandemic.
Below are some takeout from the manifesto
- Take in fifty percent (50%) of fees of tertiary students for the 2020/2021 academic year as a motivation to alleviate the impacts of COVID-19 on students and parents
- Establish free Wi-Fi zones in all public as well as private tertiary institutions
- Give cost-free laptop computers to tertiary students to assist in involvement in digital classes
- Motivate laboratory experiences especially for those in the scientific research and also technology programmes and include private tertiary institutions
- Complete the conversion of all polytechnics into Technical Universities( TUs) in accordance with our original vision of producing possibilities for specialist flexibility of practitioners
- Reposition the TUs to generate pertinent manpower for nationwide development
- Gear up all Amatrol labs and supply suitable training both home and also abroad for instructors
- Operationalize the National Research study Fund
Source: Ghana Waves